Guam - Overseas Housing Allowance (OHA)

BAH is only paid in the United States. As Guam is a territory so you will get Overseas Housing Allowance (OHA).

The Overseas Housing Allowance (OHA) is paid to Service members living in private housing at overseas duty stations.
OHA helps offset housing costs, consisting of:

  • Rent
  • Utility and recurring maintenance expenses
  • Move-in housing allowance (MIHA)
    • MIHA Misc: Up front, lump sum payment covering average move-in costs
    • MIHA Rent: Acquisition fees, dollar for dollar reimbursement
    • MIHA Security: High crime/threat areas only as determined by the Department of State

Although there is a separate allowance for rent and utilities, housing allowances appear as a single amount in a pay statement.

To calculate OHA, visit the OHA calculator

Guam Military Housing Areas

Guam BAH Calculator, 2018

Know Your Military Housing Allowance in 2018